He said the pain was worse than when he broke his leg. When he finally got to sleep, I had to wake him up to take more pills. But today, he thinks he will go to the gym. My spirit soared.
I found this poster among the piles of literature in my office. (Actually, I found a much nicer version online, but it was on a competitor's website - fuck that.) I firmly believe in aligning the mind with the body, but I am not so sure he appreciated the nuances of phosphorylation events and transcription initiation.
Yesterday morning, I had a long meeting with my manager and had a really good blub, poor guy - he really took the brunt of it. Last night, I had a dream - and if you are squeamish about human waste, I suggest you stop reading now...if you don't know me very well, you may not realize that delicate discretion and emotional privacy are not among my strong suits. Indeed, I believe that there is no detail of the human existence so small that it does not warrant lengthy discussion. I dreamed I walked into a toilet stall, but instead of a proper toilet, there was just a wooden chair with no hole or anything. This was clearly not going to suit my needs, so I sat down on the floor and proceeded to extrude the most amazing uninterrupted turd the world has ever seen. It grew like a tail from between my legs, passed under the door of the stall, and made its way across the sidewalk (this toilet being in an open and very public location, of course). I glanced up and down the street, suddenly feeling exposed and vulnerable, but fortunately no one had yet noticed this amazing pile of shit that was accumulating at the edge of the curb. I knew someone would happen along soon, but it was just such a wonderful feeling of purgation, that I didn't really care and was content to marvel at this phenomenal amount of excrement leaving my body. It got a little messy towards the end, but I managed to pinch it off before anyone noticed its progenitor. However, I did have the satisfaction of seeing a pair of young girls stumble upon the mound and squeal with a mixture of horror and admiration.
Ancient dream interpretation associates such a dream with money, but I prefer the more simple and obvious Jungian symbolism. This was clearly a dream of release and relief, and of exposure (being in a semi-public forum). It is a risky undertaking for me to share this journey with you (the all encompassing you) and I know that sharing such details may cause people to confront the images they hold of me - including him, who will undoubtedly find this entry extremely inappropriate and distasteful, but this is MY story.
And today, I feel 20 pounds lighter!

I agree with you hun, I would have taken the giant turd dream as a release. xx
ReplyDeleteConsider the shape of the pooh. It sounds snake-like in its description. The snake, in many ancient cultures and also in dreams, represents feminine energy. Yep, you're purging but look at the size of that snake, man!
ReplyDeleteI take that as your enormously powerful female energy in its most massive, rawest form. To me, this dream means you will be okay. You'll make it, come hell or high water, and fuck what strangers see or hear. Their reactions to you and your process are immaterial.
Oh, and do excuse my Gmail ID. This is one of my many accounts. It's CAW here xxx